Kait immerses herself in her clients’ businesses and partners with them to offer thoughtful, practical and creative solutions to address their business objectives. As a result, Kait’s clients leverage her as an extension of their companies and look to her as a trusted advisor on key strategic and operational decisions and transactions.
Kait has a broad corporate practice, counseling both domestic and international companies on complex business matters, with an emphasis on strategic transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, growth and venture capital investments, and strategic business planning and general corporate counseling.
Kait advises clients across a wide range of industries, but concentrates her practice on the fashion, luxury and retail industries. In this respect, she is able to guide her clients through a variety of issues, including the intersection of corporate and intellectual property matters that are core to the brand identity of companies in the fashion, luxury or retail spaces.
Kait also has extensive experience representing luxury brands negotiating endorsement deals, licensing arrangements, collaborations and sponsorships with celebrities, athletes and other brands.
Kait is a member of BFKN’s Recruiting Committee.
- State of Illinois
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- University of Michigan, B.A., Psychology, with highest distinction, 2012
- Represented Moët Hennessy, a division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, in its acquisition of Joseph Phelps Vineyards, a nearly five-decade-old producer of fine wines from Napa Valley and, more recently, the Sonoma Coast. The deal included 530 acres (215 hectares) of vineyards, including 429 acres (174 hectares) in nine Napa Valley estates and 99 acres (40 hectares) in two estates around the Freestone winery on the Sonoma Coast.
- Represented Louis Vuitton in its collaboration with acclaimed director Spike Lee for his Cannes Film Festival wardrobe. This year, Lee is serving as president of the Cannes Competition jury.v
- Represented Christian Dior in its global brand ambassador agreement with American actress, model, and activist, Yara Shahidi. The 21-year-old actress and activist will serve as a face for the design house’s women’s fashion and cosmetics.
- Represented Louis Vuitton in its new campaign launching its first high jewelry line featuring actress and classically trained dancer, Alicia Vikander, as the face of the collection. This year, the house is marking 200 years since the birth of its founder, Louis Vuitton, with its largest jewelry collection, made up of 90 pieces, titled Bravery.
- Represented Sephora in negotiations with Kohl's on a long-term strategic partnership to create a new era of elevated Beauty at Kohl's, marrying Kohl's expansive customer reach and omnichannel convenience with Sephora's prestige service, product selection, and exceptional beauty experience.
- Represented Moët Hennessy USA in its acquisition of Woodinville Whiskey Company, LLC.
- Represented LVMH Luxury Ventures, an investment arm of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, aimed at taking minority stakes in emerging, iconic brands, in its equity investment in Gabriela Hearst LLC. Launched by its founder and namesake, Gabriela Hearst, the company is a New-York based luxury ready-to-wear, leather goods, and lifestyle company.
- Represented Givenchy – a Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy luxury brand known for its haute couture clothing, accessories, and perfume – in the negotiation of a relationship deal with prominent actress and singer Ariana Grande as the new face of Givenchy.
- Represented Louis Vuitton in finalizing the negotiation of a complementary collaboration with Leandra Medine Cohen – author, blogger, influencer, and founder of independent fashion and lifestyle site, Man Repeller – as the face of the Spring-Summer 2020 women’s shoe collection by Nicolas Ghesquière.
- Represented LVMH Luxury Ventures, an investment arm of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, in its equity investment in renowned horology authority HODINKEE.
- Represented Moët Hennessy, a division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, in its acquisition of a minority stake & distribution partnership with WhistlePig Whiskey.
- Represented Louis Vuitton Malletier (Louis Vuitton), in its brand ambassador agreement with rising Japanese-American tennis champion, Naomi Osaka.
- Represented LVMH Luxury Ventures, an investment arm of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, in its equity investment in Replika Software, a social commerce platform solution enabling brands to empower their network of social sellers to inspire and sell online.
- Represented Moët Hennessy, a division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, in its partnership with Shawn Jay-Z Carter, pursuant to which Moët Hennessy acquired a 50% stake in the Champagne brand, Armand de Brignac, previously wholly-owned by Jay-Z.
- Represented LVMH Moët Hennessy in its acquisitions of a majority stake in Off-White LLC, the trademark owner of Virgil Abloh's Off-White brand. LVMH and Virgil Abloh came to an agreement that will give the designer leeway to launch brands and seal partnerships across the full range of the luxury conglomerate's activities, beyond just the fashion division.
- Represented LVMH Luxury Ventures, an investment arm of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, in its equity investment in Aimé Leon Dore, a New York-based streetwear brand with a cult following.
- Represented Pendulum, a strategic growth investing and advisory platform designed for founders and leaders of color, in a deal that raised $45 million in funding for Greenwood, Inc., the digital banking platform for Black and Latino individuals and businesses.
- Corporate Law, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021-2023)
- Corporate/M&A, Chambers USA: Associate to Watch (2021-2022)
- Merit Scholar Recipient, University of Michigan Law School
- James B. Angell Scholar, University of Michigan
"She is an extremely clear communicator, patient and informative. When topics are unfamiliar to me or my team, I value her counsel and insights greatly."