Andrea advises clients on virtually all aspects of trademark law. She builds, maintains, protects, and brings value to brands through the strategic application of trademark law.
As an associate in BFKN’s Intellectual Property Group, Andrea’s practice focuses on U.S. and international trademark clearance, prosecution, and management of expansive portfolios. Andrea’s experience in these areas also allows her to holistically approach and resolve trademark disputes, while staying aligned with each client’s unique brand strategy.
Her experience spans a wide range of industries, from global financial services to fashion and hospitality brands, and she concentrates her practice on the fashion, luxury, and retail industries.
Andrea also represents trademark owners in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) and has experience representing clients in Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) disputes through the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
Prior to joining BFKN, Andrea was an associate at Barnes & Thornburg LLP. While earning her law degree, she worked in-house alongside intellectual property counsel for a major Midwest-based fashion brand.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2018
- University of Michigan, B.S., English language and literature, 2014
- Law School Merit Scholarship and Hellenic Bar Association Scholarship
- Senior Editor, International Law Review
- IP Colloquium, CALI Award
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member, Chicago Women in Intellectual Property (ChiWIP)