Andrea has over 20 years of experience advising financial institutions on a wide range of regulatory and corporate matters. Clients appreciate Andrea’s approachable style, ability to problem solve, and meticulous attention to detail.
Andrea concentrates her practice on bank regulatory and corporate matters. She has extensive experience working on a variety of regulatory and corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt offerings, regulatory applications, corporate governance, compliance, and enforcement matters.
Prior to joining BFKN, Andrea served as legal counsel to the banking division of the Illinois Office of Banks and Real Estate, now known as the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, where she assisted in drafting regulations and examination guidelines, prosecuted enforcement actions, and provided legal analysis of corporate applications.
Andrea has been a frequent speaker and has published numerous articles on regulatory matters affecting financial institutions. Andrea was also a contributing author and editor on The Keys to Banking Law, Second Edition (2017) and Banking Law Essentials, Third Edition (2020).
Andrea also devotes time to pro bono matters. She has counseled clients on a variety of immigration matters, ranging from assisting DACA recipients with renewal applications to representing clients in asylum cases.
- State of Illinois
- District of Columbia
- State of Maryland
- The American University, J.D., cum laude, 1996
- Chicago Kent College of Law, LL.M. in Financial Services Law, with high honors, 2003
- Bucknell University, B.A., 1993
- Concentrated experience representing clients in enforcement and compliance matters relating to insider, affiliate, and corporate governance issues.
- Advised multiple clients on the structure, implementation, and regulatory impact of proposals to expand into new banking activities and geographic markets across the U.S. Prepared regulatory and corporate applications in connection with such proposals.
- In-depth experience advising financial institutions on the regulatory and corporate implications of capital raises and redemptions, including common stock and subordinated debt.
- Experience preparing corporate and regulatory applications relating to mergers and acquisitions, establishment and dissolution of subsidiaries, and branch acquisitions, sales, closures, and relocations.
- Represented Town and Country Financial Corporation in its sale to HBT Financial, Inc. (HBT/Nasdaq).
- Represented Pontiac Bancorp, Inc., the parent company of Bank of Pontiac, in its purchase agreement with Minier Financial, Inc., the parent company of First Farmers State Bank.
- Represented Pontiac Bancorp, Inc., the parent company of Bank of Pontiac, in its purchase agreement with Bluestem Financial Corp., the parent company of Bluestem National Bank.
- The Keys to Banking Law: A Handbook for Lawyers, Second Edition
- Member, American Bar Association, Banking Law Committee
- Volunteer, Honeycomb Project
- Member, Fundraising Committee