Connor is a solution-finder who simplifies complex problems for his clients. He identifies and implements creative, cost-effective strategies to resolve his clients’ disputes quickly and favorably.
Connor is a partner in BFKN’s Litigation Group. His complex litigation experience includes commercial contract disputes, business torts, real estate, consumer class actions, antitrust, non-competition issues, biometric privacy and data security, and more. He has experience in all aspects of litigation and arbitration, from pre-litigation advising through discovery, trial or arbitration hearing, and appeals. Connor has successfully tried cases, arbitrated claims, argued dispositive motions and appeals on behalf of clients from diverse industries including financial institutions, retailers, real estate investment trusts, automobile manufacturers, builders, and more.
Before joining BFKN, Connor was an associate at both Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP in Los Angeles and the former Chicago boutique litigation firm, Butler Rubin Saltarelli & Boyd LLP.
While attending law school, Connor worked as a Civil Division Law Clerk in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of California, Civil Division and as a Law Clerk at the Pediatric Advocacy Clinic, an innovative medical-legal partnership connecting low-income pediatric patients and their families with free legal resources to address social determinants of health.
- State of California
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 7th Circuit
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2012
- University of Southern California, B.A., summa cum laude, 2009
- Represent multiple major luxury goods manufacturers in defense of Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA) class action relating to “virtual try-on” feature for sunglasses. Prevailed on motion to dismiss based on BIPA’s “general health care exemption” due to medical benefits of sunglasses and virtual try-on service.
- Represent luxury retailers in class action antitrust litigation alleging anti-competitive “no-poach” agreements in the employment market.
- Represent luxury retailer in class action relating to alleged false advertising product labeling.
- Represent luxury retailer in threatened class action alleging violations of privacy laws relating to online “chat” feature. Valenzuela v. Givenchy Corp.
- Represented major luxury brand in enforcement of intellectual property rights, resulting in stipulated judgment and injunction.
- Represented a major retailer accused of violating BIPA with “virtual make-up artist” feature for virtually “trying on” makeup, concluding with a favorable settlement. Auste Salkauskaite v. Sephora USA, Inc. and ModiFace, Inc.
- Represented a real estate investment trust in a dispute regarding the maintenance and turnover provisions of a lease for a major commercial headquarters property. The case settled favorably.
- Represented a national retailer in litigation regarding alleged breach of oral modifications to supply agreement. The case settled favorably after prevailing on partial summary judgment.
- Represented a financial institution in trial court and appellate proceedings relating to an alleged breach of contract. The grant of motion to dismiss was affirmed after appellate argument.
- Represented an automobile manufacturer in administrative proceedings relating to permission to establish a new dealership. The case settled favorably.
- Represented an electric vehicle manufacturer in arbitration relating to breach of supply agreement. Obtained favorable arbitration award.
- Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2024)
- Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2019-2023)
- 40 & Under Hot List, Benchmark Litigation (2022)