Cybersecurity, Privacy & Technology
Technological advances create significant opportunities for businesses, but also present significant risks. With enterprise risk management at the forefront of an ever-advancing regulatory agenda, a company must develop safeguards to protect its operations, employees, customers and other stakeholders. Accordingly, we advise our clients on the full spectrum of legal, regulatory, reputational and other issues arising from the manner in which they utilize, and are otherwise affected by, data collection, transactional websites, mobile applications, social media, cloud computing and other recent innovations. Given the sensitive nature of the information customers, employees and other stakeholders entrust to the companies with which they do business, every business should develop a plan to address any potential or actual breach of its systems and to otherwise protect sensitive information in its possession.
Our Cybersecurity, Privacy & Technology Team is comprised of attorneys across various disciplines, including regulatory, transactional, employment and litigation, who provide management and boards of directors of our clients with comprehensive advice on how to address issues surrounding data collection, cybersecurity and emerging technologies, including advising on:
- Compliance with global, US, and state privacy laws and regulations relating to the collection, use, processing, storage and sharing of data;
- Consumer disclosures regarding privacy practices (such as website and mobile application privacy policies and other consumer notices);
- Review and negotiation of vendor contracts relating to the development, use, and licensing of technological services and innovations;
- Addressing the impact of global and local laws relating to the cross-border transfer of data in the context of litigation and discovery;
- Data breach preparedness and response; and
- Cyber insurance coverage issues, including incident response, data loss, business interruption, and class action related insurance claims.
Further, given the particular risk exposure faced by financial institutions that process large amounts of sensitive information within a strict regulatory environment, our professionals have leveraged the cybersecurity, privacy, and data breach insights from the financial services industry, which has been forced to adopt robust safeguards, into other industries as well.
- December 4, 2018 – Speaker
- August 2016
- May 1, 2018 – Speaker (Salem, OR)
- February 14, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- December 11, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- April 17, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert