- Watch the webinar recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQjCPkmepo8
Is Your Bank Prepared for the Computer-Security Incident Notification Rule?
February 24, 2022 | 2:00 PM CT
On Thursday, February 24, BFKN Financial Institutions Group partner and Regulatory Section leader John M. Geiringer is speaking at a webinar, “Is Your Bank Prepared for the Computer-Security Incident Notification Rule?". The event is co-hosted by the American Bankers Association, Fiserv, and the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center. This webinar features an overview of the rule and a panel discussion with regulatory experts from ABA and Fiserv on preparing for the May 1 compliance deadline.
- Learn what the rule requires for banks and bank third parties when a “significant emerging event” occurs;
- Understand the difference between a computer security incident and a notification incident;
- Learn to identify which third parties and bank service providers are subject to the notice requirement;
- Receive suggestions and recommendations for compliance;
- Hear the benefits of a functional analysis approach to escalating incidents and giving notice under the rule.
For more information about the webinar, visit: https://www.aba.com/training-events/online-training/computer-security-incident-notification-rule
John Geiringer is a nationally recognized banking attorney who advises financial institutions on regulatory, governance, and investigative matters. John regularly provides focused training sessions to boards and management on a wide range of legal and risk management topics.