For the past 10 years, our Real Estate Group at Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg has been recognized as an industry leader for real estate law in Illinois by Chambers USA, The Clients Guide of America's Leading Lawyers for Business. In the 2017 edition of Chambers USA we received a Band 1 ranking, 10th consecutive year with one client stating, "We've worked with firms all over the world and these guys are the best." In addition to our Band 1 ranking in Illinois our Real Estate Group has been listed as a Recognized Practitioner - Nationwide by Chambers USA.
Our Bankruptcy & Creditor Rights Group earned a Band 5 ranking in Illinois in Chambers USA 2017, with one client stating, "They're particularly good at negotiating, in that they're aware of what leverage you have or do not have, and when to apply it and not to apply it."
For the 2nd time, our Corporate & Securities Group earned a Band 5 ranking in Illinois in Chambers USA 2017, recognized for being "outstanding" and "One of the few firms that does this type of work with such intensity." Daniel L. Dominguez Chair of the Fashion Luxury & Retail Group was noted as a "Recognized Practitioner."
The following attorneys have been individually recognized by Chambers USA 2017.
Bankruptcy/Restructuring - Illinois
- William J. Barrett - Chair of the Bankruptcy & Creditor Rights Group, sources refer to Bill as "a terrific practitioner" and one client noted "Bill is a thoughtful, smart guy. He understands the financial side particularly well."
Real Estate - Illinois
- Mark J Beaubien - Clients describe Mark as "very smart." His practice places emphasis on complex commercial acquisitions and dispositions and joint ventures for REIT's, and private equity funds.
- Suzanne Bessette-Smith - Co-Chair of the Real Estate Group, Suzanne concentrates her practice on commercial real estate, and related corporate and securities, and related business planning matters. Clients praise Suzanne for her efficiency and protecting their interests.
- Dennis A. Ferrazzano - Referred to as "excellent," name partner Dennis earned a Senior Statesman ranking by Chambers USA, a distinction given to attorneys who have continually produced exceptional work over many years and whose presence is pivotal to the Firm's success.
- Howard J. Kirschbaum - Name partner and former Co-Chair of the Real Estate Group, a source to Chambers is quoted as saying that Howard is "thoughtful, smart and incredibly quick-thinking."
- Howard A. Nagelberg - Name Partner and former Co-Chair of the Real Estate Group, Howards clients describe him as, "a great resource" and having a "great reputation" for his work with REITs and handling international real estate transactions.
Chambers USA, a Chambers & Partners publication, bases its rankings on the research into the strengths and reputations of law firms and individuals, Each year, a team of researchers conducts thousands of in-depth, confidential interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide. Chambers assesses the results and ranks law firms and lawyers according to the criteria most valued by clients. In a survey independent of Chambers, more than 50 percent of 20,000 in-house counsel around the world chose Chambers as the "go-to" source to identify law firms and lawyers. https://chambers.com/