Megan is an associate in the Firm’s Tax & Business Planning Group. She has counseled publicly traded corporations, REITs and closely held businesses on a wide array of federal tax matters, including tax aspects of structuring joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, internal restructurings, dispositions and other corporate transactions. In addition, Megan has experience advising multi-national clients on income and withholding tax issues, including FIRPTA , FATCA and tax treaty analysis. Megan has also focused her practice on the new Qualified Opportunity Zone tax program and educates clients on the tax incentives available, assists clients in crafting investment structures and advises on tax compliance matters. In addition, Megan has advised financial institution clients on a range S corporation matters, including reviewing trust agreements for shareholder eligibility and advising on inadvertent terminations.
Prior to joining Barack Ferrazzano, Megan regularly performed state tax due diligence reviews for prospective mergers and acquisitions, primarily on behalf of private equity clients at a Big Four accounting firm. In addition, she identified potential tax risks associated with clients’ proposed transactions and post-acquisition action plans.
Represented Bankmanagers Corp. and its wholly owned subsidiary, Park Bank, in connection with its acquisition by First Midwest Bancorp, Inc. (“First Midwest”) (Nasdaq: FMBI).
Representation of Level One Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: LEVL) and its subsidiary Level One Bank (HQ: Michigan) in M&A, IPO, subordinated debt, and other transactions.
Represented LVMH Luxury Ventures, an investment arm of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, in its equity investment in renowned horology authority HODINKEE.
Representation of LVMH Luxury Ventures, an investment arm of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, aimed at taking minority stakes in emerging, iconic brands, in its equity investment in Gabriela Hearst LLC. Launched by its founder and namesake, Gabriela Hearst, the company is a New-York based luxury ready-to-wear, leather goods, and lifestyle company.
Represented Moët Hennessy, a division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, in its acquisition of a minority stake & distribution partnership with WhistlePig Whiskey.
Served as counsel to PGB Holdings, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Pacific Global Bank ("PGB"), in their acquisition by RBB Bancorp (Nasdaq: RBB) and its subsidiary, Royal Business Bank.
Activities & Honors
- Recipient, CALI Award for Legal Writing
- Student Articles Editor, Loyola Law Journal
Articles & Publications
- November 23, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- September 10, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- May 12, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- May 5, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- April 14, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- March 31, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- March 29, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 2014 – Loyola Consumer Law Review, Volume 26, Issue 3, Article 6
- December 17, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- December 7, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- September 23, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- March 10, 2020 – Globe Newswire Press Release
- January 13, 2020 – Yahoo Finance
- January 2, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- January 14, 2019
- June 22, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release