Zoe’s practice focuses on advising financial institutions with respect to mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and securities offerings. Clients appreciate that Zoe is responsive, efficient, and dedicated to client service.
Zoe focuses her practice on representing financial institutions in mergers and acquisitions, capital raising transactions, lending, corporate governance, regulatory matters, and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining BFKN, Zoe was an associate in the Chicago office of a large national law firm, dealing primarily with mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financings, and private equity transactions.
- State of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2020
- Tufts University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2015
- Represented First Miami Bancorp, Inc. in the agreement and plan of merger of First Miami Bancorp, Inc. into United Community Banks, Inc. (Nasdaq: UCBI).
- Represented Inland Bancorp, Inc. in its definitive agreement to merge with Byline Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: BY).
- Represented Marine Bank in the signing of a definitive merger agreement for its sale to Morton Community Bank.
- Represented Waterman Acquisition Group, LLC in its acquisition of Montgomery Bancshares, Inc.
- Represented Town and Country Financial Corporation in its sale to HBT Financial, Inc. (HBT/Nasdaq).
- Represented Landmark Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: LARK) in its acquisition of Freedom Bancshares, Inc. at approx. $33.3 million.
- Represented Burling Bancorp, Inc., parent company of Burling Bank, in the agreement and plan of merger of Burling Bancorp, Inc. into LevelField Financial, Inc., a Houston-based digital-asset firm.
- Represented QCR Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: QCRH) in its offering of $100 million in aggregate principal amount of subordinated notes.
- Represent many financial institutions with respect to public offerings and private placements of common stock, subordinated debentures, and convertible subordinated debentures.
- Represent multiple publicly-traded bank holding companies in structuring transactions, conducting due diligence, drafting disclosure documents, coordinating the filing of documents with the SEC, preparing applications to national exchanges, and provide counseling to ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state securities laws.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2024)
- Student Attorney, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law Entrepreneurship Clinic
- Student Attorney, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law Immigrant Youth and Families Clinic
- Volunteer, Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Chicago