Ryan offers advice to a wide range of clients in the commercial real estate industry and closes complex deals in an efficient manner. By remaining focused on the goals of his clients, Ryan offers strategic and practical guidance that helps them make informed decisions.
Ryan represents and advises private and institutional investors, owners, and developers in a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, with an emphasis on property acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, development and land use matters, joint ventures, and REIT-related transactions. His practice places particular emphasis on the acquisition, development, and disposition of office, industrial and multi-family assets, build-to-suit projects, and leasing of commercial and industrial projects. He also has significant experience representing institutional lenders with respect to secured financing and credit tenant lease financing.
- State of Illinois
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., with honors, 2014
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., 2011
- Represented a prominent REIT in dozens of acquisitions of sites for the development of industrial properties throughout California and Washington.
- Represented a prominent REIT in over one hundred lease negotiations with tenants for industrial properties in the Miami area.
- Represented client in the formation of a programmatic joint venture with a national full-service healthcare real estate development, management and acquisitions company and represented the joint venture throughout its acquisition of five medical office buildings.
- Advised real estate investment trust in its spinoff of its skilled nursing facility portfolio into an independent REIT and advised client on transfer tax strategy and standard real-estate–related diligence items.
- Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2022-2024)
- PILI Fellow, Coordinated Advice and Referral Program for Legal Services (Summer 2014)
- University of Chicago Law Review (2012-2014)
- Member, Young Leaders Board of Nourishing Hope (2023)