Randy has more than 20 years of experience in real estate and real estate finance, primarily advising banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions. Randy’s breadth of experience with all manner of commercial real estate finance enables him to efficiently and knowledgeably navigate complex transactions to achieve his clients’ goals.
Randy's practice encompasses a wide range of complex commercial real estate transactions and related matters. His practice places particular emphasis on the representation of lenders in secured loan transactions across all product types, including construction, term and mezzanine loans, loan syndications and participations, lot option banking facilities and revolving lines of credit, as well as troubled loan workouts, restructurings, and deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transactions. He also has significant experience with the acquisition, leasing, development, and disposition of industrial and commercial property and real estate portfolios on behalf of REITs, public and private companies and developers, and zoning and land use matters.
- State of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2000
- George Washington University, B.A., cum laude, 1990
- $930MM+ life company loans on multi-family, office, grocery anchored retail, industrial, student housing and shopping center properties in CA, FL, IL, IN, MA, MI, MO, NJ, NV, OR, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, and Washington, D.C.
- $143MM+ loan on a portfolio of 28 properties in seven states.
- $143MM+ syndicated construction loans for branded hotels on ground leased properties in TX.
- $139MM syndicated construction loan on a Veterans Administration leased property in CA.
- $135MM+ construction and bridge loans on branded and boutique hotel conversions with historic tax credits in IL, MN, and MI.
- $110MM+ syndicated construction loan for a branded hotel in NC.
- $68MM+ syndicated construction loan for a multifamily project in TN.
- $60MM loan on a portfolio of 16 properties in three states.
- $57MM syndicated construction loan on a multi-family project with a port authority ground lease and tax increment financing and historic tax credits in OH.
- $55MM construction loan on multi-family project in TX.
- $56MM+ loans on industrial properties in GA, PA, and TX.
- $49MM construction loan to TIC borrowers for a mixed-use shopping center and industrial project with municipal general obligation bonds in WI.
- $49MM+ loan on office buildings in IL.
- $40MM syndicated construction loan for a student housing project in SC.
- Workout of $85MM hotel construction loan in NV.
- Workout of $53MM multifamily construction loan in VA.
- Workout of $47MM+ hotel and shopping center construction loans in IL.
- Workout of $41MM+ condominium construction loan in IL.
- Has spoken at numerous financial institutions on various secured lending, loan restructuring and workout related issues
- Leading Lawyers Network (2017-2023)
- Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2009-2010)
- Member, Chicago Mortgage Attorneys Association