As a corporate attorney working with clients ranging from start-up entrepreneurs to institutional investors and established companies, Jeremy takes a collaborative, client-focused approach to helping clients understand legal and business risks, and offers practical guidance to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
Jeremy concentrates his practice on counseling investors (primarily venture capital funds and angel investors) in connection with their debt and equity investments in early-stage and growth-stage companies. He also regularly advises clients on entity formation and structuring, securities law compliance and disclosure, corporate governance, and general corporate counseling. Jeremy prepares, reviews, and advises his clients on transaction documents and facilitating transactions from due diligence and negotiation through closing.
Jeremy’s clients are from a variety of industries. His venture capital work focuses primarily on technology and software-related investments (such as AI and virtual reality technology) and includes representing founders and issuers in startup and capital-raising efforts. He has a growing practice in guiding transactions related to investments in digital assets, blockchain, and Web3. Jeremy also has significant experience in the structuring and formation of real estate joint ventures between institutional investors and developers, spanning sectors including multifamily, senior housing, industrial and healthcare. He also has experience with clients in the automotive, healthcare, and manufacturing industries. His experience includes advising both U.S. and non-U.S. companies.
Jeremy is involved in firm life at BFKN and is a member of the DEI and Recruiting Committees. Outside of the firm, Jeremy volunteers his time with Chicago’s Raven Theatre, where he sits on the Board of Directors and is currently Chair of the Finance Committee.
- State of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., 2002
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., summa cum laude, 1997
- Represent venture capital funds and investment divisions of multi-national companies in connection with debt and equity investments in early-stage and growth stage companies.
- Represent venture capital funds in connection with Fintech, Web3 and token investments.
- Represent founders and issuers in connection with startup and capital-raising matters.
- Represent entrepreneurs in connection with entity formation and structuring, corporate governance, and general corporate counseling.
- Represent issuers in connection with securities compliance and regulatory matters.
- Represent real estate developers and institutional investors in connection with the structuring and formation of real estate joint ventures.
- Represent joint venture partners in connection with buyouts.
- Member, Board of Directors, Raven Theatre
- Member, Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- Associate Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- Phi Beta Kappa