With more than 20 years of practice in commercial real estate, Janelle has a broad array of experience representing diverse clients in complex transactions throughout the country. Her depth of experience enables her to efficiently identify both a transaction’s hurdles and its solutions, helping clients create the roadmap that meets their goals.
Janelle has also practiced in BFKN’s Litigation Group, and spent one year as a law clerk to the Honorable Rebecca R. Pallmeyer of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- State of Illinois
- Hon. Rebecca R. Pallmeyer, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2000
- Miami University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1996
- Multiphase acquisition and development of approximately 120 acres of lakefill property for industrial development in Florida, closing in 4 stages over the course of many years as the lakefill property is completed.
- Negotiate significant industrial leases on behalf of industrial REIT landlords nationwide, including with tenants such as Amazon, Home Depot and Best Buy.
- Development and leasing of customer call centers throughout the U.S. on behalf of an international telecommunications company.
- Manage complex land assemblage deals involving multiple sellers and often multiple local jurisdictions in a given transaction, including in Pennsylvania, Texas, and Arizona.
- Acquisition, disposition and leasing of medical office and seniors housing properties.
- Disposition of a national service station portfolio on behalf of a multinational oil and gas company.
- Note & Comment Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- Phi Beta Kappa