From deal structuring to closing, Dave takes a detailed and deal-driven approach to successfully achieve client goals across a broad scope of complex commercial real estate and finance transactions.
Dave has a wide breadth of experience across commercial transactions involving single-asset and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, and lending. He has represented real estate investment trusts (REITs), corporations, commercial and investment banks, and other real estate investors and developers in transactions involving industrial, retail, senior housing facilities, mixed-use developments, and office properties.
Prior to joining BFKN, Dave was an associate at Pedersen & Houpt, P.C, where he represented and advised clients in connection with commercial real estate purchase and sale agreements, leases, financing, and organizational documents, performed all aspects of due diligence, including resolving survey and title matters, and managed the closing process.
- State of Illinois
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2019
- Boston College, B.S., cum laude, 2013
- Represented a private equity real estate investment management company in the acquisition, leasing and financing of industrial and logistics properties throughout the U.S.
- Represented a cannabis REIT in the acquisition, leasing, and management of a national portfolio of retail and cultivation cannabis facilities.
- Represented commercial and investment banks in commercial lending transactions.
- Part of team that served as U.S. real estate outside counsel for publicly-traded auto industry company, advising on matters from day-to-day counseling to acquisition, leasing, and development of storage and processing facilities across the U.S.
- Represented real estate development firm across developments involving the construction of proposed mixed-use condominium towers, retail spaces, and parking, financed by facilities totaling approximately $190M in aggregate.
- Notes Editor, University of Illinois Law Review, University of Illinois College of Law
- Outstanding Clinical Student Award, University of Illinois Veterans Legal Clinic
- Extern, Hon. Susan Cox, Magistrate Judge, United States District Court for The Northern District of Illinois (2017)