Bryan is described by his clients as an absolutely first-class attorney with tremendous experience in virtually every real estate asset class. Through multiple real estate cycles, in good times and bad, Bryan’s experience and judgment have guided his clients to achieve their goals.
Bryan has been helping institutional investors, investment advisors, public and private real estate companies, REITs and other financial institutions close their most important deals for almost 30 years. Over that time, he has worked to form real estate funds and joint ventures, and regularly represents clients on real estate projects throughout the U.S., including office buildings, multi-family properties, data centers, industrial facilities, mixed-use developments, senior housing, student housing, retail centers, hotels and health care facilities. He routinely counsels owners, investors, lenders and REITs in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions. Among his clients are banks and financial institutions, private equity funds, pension funds, investors, investment funds and corporations.
Bryan’s experience covers a broad range of highly-complex commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition and sale of commercial property and portfolios, representing both borrowers and lenders in connection with mortgage, mezzanine and construction financings, and the structuring of preferred equity and other joint venture transactions, all of which span a wide variety of real estate asset classes such as multi-family, residential, office, industrial, retail, and hotels.
Bryan also guides clients through numerous cycles of the real estate industry by advising, structuring, and negotiating on sophisticated debt restructurings, workouts, and bankruptcies. A trusted advisor, Bryan regularly serves as outside general counsel or special advisor to many of his clients.
- State of Illinois
- State of Arizona
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1994
- University of Illinois, B.A., 1990
- Principal counsel to various private equity real estate firms and funds in connection with real estate acquisitions, developments, financings, dispositions, joint ventures, and fund formation transactions.
- Represents large money center banks and insurance companies with various real estate loans throughout the country.
- Represents pension fund advisors in connection with various mezzanine loan, development, and joint venture transactions, including those involving Federal Rehabilitation Historic Tax Credits.
- Represented various private equity funds in connection with acquisition of distressed loan portfolios and similar investments throughout the U.S.
- Acquisition and financing of industrial, office, and multi-family projects and franchised hotels throughout the U.S.
- Represented numerous landlords and tenants in connection with significant commercial leases in downtown Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles.