As a real estate partner, Brett has more than 20 years of diverse experience advising clients with respect to sophisticated real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, development, financings, and joint ventures. Brett is a trusted strategic advisor who maintains a deal-oriented approach with a goal of understanding and achieving his client’s goals in an efficient manner. Brett is thoughtful and highly cost-effective as he concentrates on the material issues while protecting the client’s interest.
Brett regularly represents clients in the negotiation and documentation of complex real estate transactions. He has significant experience representing publicly traded real estate investment trusts (REITs), investment advisors, private equity sponsors, commercial lenders, and other institutional investors and developers.
Brett’s experience encompasses a wide range of asset classes and property types, including industrial, retail, multi-family and office properties, and land for development. He has represented landlords and tenants with respect to a variety of lease negotiations, including build-to-suit leases, ground leases, warehouse/logistic leases, and office leases. Brett also has extensive experience, for a variety of institutional clients, in negotiating and documenting asset management arrangements.
Brett is nationally recognized for Real Estate Law by the Best Lawyers in America©.
- State of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1999
- University of Michigan, B.A., with high distinction, 1995
- Serve as outside counsel to American Realty Advisors in connection with real estate acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, financing transactions, and asset management matters.
- Serve as outside counsel to Dayton Street Partners in connection with its acquisition, disposition, development, leasing, financing, and asset management transactions.
- Serve as outside counsel to First Industrial Realty Trust in connection with its real estate acquisition, development, disposition, and leasing matters.
- Serve as outside counsel to Westcore Properties in connection with its real estate acquisition and disposition transactions.
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2021-2024)
- Real Estate Law
- Leading Lawyers Network (2017-2023)
- Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2010-2014)
- Order of the Coif
- Phi Beta Kappa