For the past nine years, our Real Estate Group at Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg has been recognized as an industry leader for real estate law in Illinois by Chambers USA, The Client's Guide of America's Leading Lawyers for Business. In the 2016 edition of Chambers USA we received a Band 1 ranking, touted as "a sophisticated, international-quality real property practice with lots of levels of support and experience." In addition to our Band 1 ranking in Illinois, our Real Estate Group has been listed as a Recognized Practitioner - Nationwide by Chambers USA.
Our Bankruptcy & Creditor Rights Group earned a Band 5 ranking in Illinois in Chambers USA 2016, with one client stating, "They are the best firm I've worked with in terms of responsiveness, decision-making and counsel."
For the first time, our Corporate & Securities Group earned a Band 5 ranking in Illinois in Chambers USA 2016, recognized for being "client-oriented" and "strong at finding highly structured solutions."
The following attorneys have been individually recognized by Chambers USA 2016:
Bankruptcy/Restructuring - Illinois
- William J. Barrett - Chair of the Bankruptcy & Creditor Rights Group, clients refer to Bill as having a "sound legal mind" and "the ability to analyze, relates with others and has great judgment."
Real Estate - Illinois
- Mark J. Beaubien - Clients describe Mark as "business-savvy and understands getting a deal done requires give and take."
- Suzanne Bessette-Smith - Clients praise Suzanne, Co-Chair of the Real Estate Group, for her efficiency in finding "common ground to resolve issues while protecting our interests."
- Dennis A. Ferrazzano - Referred to as "excellent," name partner Dennis earned a Senior Statesman ranking by Chambers USA, a distinction given to attorneys who have continually produced exceptional work over many years and whose presence is pivotal to the Firm's success.
- Howard J. Kirschbaum - Name partner and former Co-Chair of the Real Estate Group, a source to Chambers is quoted as saying that Howard "is the single smartest person I know, in a field filled with smart people. He's remarkable."
- Howard A. Nagelberg - Name partner and former Co-Chair of the Real Estate Group, Howard's clients describe him as, "an experienced, careful, thoughtful practitioner who adds tremendous value."
Chambers USA, a Chambers & Partners publication, bases its rankings on the research into the strengths and reputations of law firms and individuals, Each year, a team of researchers conducts thousands of in-depth, confidential interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide. Chambers assesses the results and ranks law firms and lawyers according to the criteria most valued by clients. In a survey independent of Chambers, more than 50 percent of 20,000 in-house counsel around the world chose Chambers as the "go-to" source to identify law firms and lawyers. https://chambers.com/