Back to Page
Justin Steffen - Lending Experience (More)
- Advised online lender about litigation risk stemming from its relationship with bank partners and potential “true lender” issues.
- Advised online lender about electronic signature audits and related internal policies.
- Prepared AML/KYC policies for online lenders.
- Revised online lender’s master loan sale and loan servicing agreements in light of potential litigation risks.
- Closed a $40 million revolving credit facility for a specialty fintech student lender.
- Defended lender in connection with consumer class actions (TILA, RESPA) and against unfair and deceptive trade practices (UDAP) allegations.
- Counseled online lenders about compliance with CCPA and other state privacy laws.
- Performed due diligence for venture capital firm's potential investments in online lender.
- Represented lender in securities class actions stemming from allegedly false and misleading public disclosures.
- Prepare lending agreements and related disclosures and documents for MRB-focused lender.
- Advise well-funded technology-driven title insurer about the potential launch of a commercial loan product.
- Assisted tech unicorn with the development of a new commercial lending product.