Barack Ferrazzano has substantial experience representing policyholders in complex insurance coverage matters. Through counseling and litigation, we collaborate extensively with our clients to identify opportunities, minimize risk, and maximize recovery to attain the optimal results for their business goals. Our highly skilled attorneys have in-depth experience representing a diverse group of businesses in all aspects of insurance coverage, including the following types of coverage:
- Commercial General Liability
- Errors & Omissions
- Directors & Officers
- Kidnap & Ransom
- Professional Liability
- Representations & Warranties
- Financial Institutions
- Business Specialty
On the counseling side, we assist our clients in understanding and interpreting insurance coverage, developing and implementing coverage plans, and communicating and negotiating with insurers at all layers. Our goal is help you develop policies to reduce exposure and prevent expensive, time-consuming disputes.
When a claim arises, we work closely with our clients from start to finish to determine the best approach – whether it’s mediation, litigation, or arbitration. As commercial litigators, we understand the litigation process and have tried insurance coverage matters in various courts and arbitrations. Clients rely on our bold, dynamic, and adept representation to achieve the most advantageous results.
Examples of recent claims and coverage experience include:
- Arbitration regarding the duty to defend an underlying software misappropriation lawsuit and estoppel issues;
- Claims for coverage of data protection and business interruption losses under a cyber policy;
- Declaratory judgment action involving “personal injury” coverage for disparagement;
- Litigation under a crime/financial institutions bond involving novel issues relating to the forgery of over $40 million in collateral;
- Arbitration under a representations and warranties insurance policy centering on a “multiplied damages” exclusion;
- Claims for coverage of losses associated with allegations of breach of fiduciary duties;
- Claims for coverage of losses associated with allegations of property damage related to installation of machine tools; and
- Claims for coverage for allegations against commercial property developer for copyright infringement.
- January 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- February 25, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert