Jeremy R. Heckman
Jeremy concentrates his practice on corporate and securities law, with over 18 years of experience representing public and private companies, real estate investment trusts (REITs), entrepreneurs, angel investors and venture capitalists in various industries, including technology, real estate, consumer products, automotive, software, and manufacturing. He represents clients in a wide variety of matters, including:
- Structuring and formation of real estate ventures between institutional investors and developers;
- Strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and restructurings;
- Corporate formation and governance;
- Venture capital investments, early-stage capitalization opportunities and start-up matters;
- Securities law compliance and disclosure matters; and
- General corporate matters, including contract negotiations and general business planning matters.
Served as counsel to Medgenics, Inc., an Israeli clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, in its U.S. initial public offering of common stock on the NYSE Amex.
Served as counsel to Medgenics, Inc. in a registered public follow-on offering of common stock and warrants, a private placement of common stock and warrants under Regulation D of the Securities Act of 1933, and the filing of a resale registration statement covering the resale of shares of common stock pursuant to various registration rights agreements.
Served as counsel to this NYSE-listed industrial REIT with respect to a firm commitment underwritten offering of 12.5 million shares of common stock ($65.6 million).
Represented this Honolulu-based office REIT in a continuous public offering of senior common stock which represented a novel capital raising opportunity by providing a publicly traded REIT with access to the market for non-listed REIT shares.
Represented entrepreneurs, angel investors and venture capitalists in early stage capitalization opportunities.
Represented WellSky (formerly Mediware Information Systems) in connection with multiple acquisitions of medical software companies.
Activities & Honors
- Member, Board of Directors, Raven Theatre
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT)
- Associate Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- Phi Beta Kappa
Articles & Publications
- May 5, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- April 14, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- March 31, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., 2002
University of Notre Dame, B.A., summa cum laude, 1997
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc.
- Pacific Office Properties Trust
- Wanxiang America Corporation