Gretchen concentrates her practice on mergers and acquisitions of businesses in a wide variety of industries. This focus has given her extensive experience in structuring transactions, negotiating contracts and developing agreements addressing the many transition issues that arise when a business is sold or acquired, including real estate, tax, employee benefit and other matters. Her experience also includes corporate finance and securities work, both in the public and private markets. Finance issues often play an integral role in the acquisition process.
Served as counsel to Medgenics, Inc., an Israeli clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, in its U.S. initial public offering of common stock on the NYSE Amex.
Activities & Honors
- Member, Editorial Board, Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business (1986-1988)
- Order of the Coif
Charitable & Community Organizations
- Member, Women's Board of the Chicago Zoological Society (2005-Present)
- Treasurer, Women's Board of the Chicago Zoological Society (2008-2010)
- Chair, Conservation Committee of the Women's Board of the Chicago Zoological Society (2008-2010)
Articles & Publications
- May 5, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- March 31, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert