Administrative Staff & Paralegals
To apply for a staff or paralegal position at Barack Ferrazzano, please submit your resume in Word format to (unless otherwise stated): firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal (Chicago, IL)
Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP is looking for a paralegal with at least 5 to 7 years of commercial real estate experience in a law firm setting to join our 45 person real estate team. The Real Estate Group at Barack Ferrazzano has been a cornerstone of the Firm since its founding in 1984. We have earned the reputation as one of the premier real estate practices in the country, having been recently recognized by Chambers and Partners as among the top tier of real estate practice groups. The combined experience of Barack Ferrazzano’s real estate professionals encompasses virtually every aspect of real estate transactions, including the acquisition, development, leasing and sale of properties; the investment in, and financing of, real estate; and the restructuring of debt. Our attention to market realities and focus on business issues in formulating legal solutions results in value-added services for our clients. Barack Ferrazzano’s clients include publicly traded real estate investment trusts, private entrepreneurs, money center banks and other institutional lenders, pension fund advisors, private investment funds and other institutional investors, real estate developers and contractors, not-for-profit corporations, governmental agencies and other domestic and foreign owners of real estate in the United States.
This individual will work with our Real Estate Group on commercial real estate development projects, acquisitions, lending, leasing, and a wide variety of other projects. We offer a very competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a great work environment.
- Leading the title and survey process for real estate transactions, including reviewing title commitments and surveys, drafting and responding to title and survey objection letters, and working directly with title underwriters to clear title and obtain title policies
- Performing legal due diligence for commercial real estate transactions, including reviewing zoning and environmental reports, property tax records and other documents
- Forming and qualifying business entities in various states and preparing all associated charters, bylaws and other general corporate forms
- Management of transaction closings, including timelines and checklists and coordinating with internal and external parties to ensure the timely completion of all closing items
- Preparing closing binders of all final transaction documents
- Assisting with legal research and other related matters on an as needed basis
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate and have at least 5 to 7 years of law firm experience in a sophisticated commercial real estate practice. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills, strong oral and writing capabilities, and possess the ability to work individually and in a team environment.
Please apply directly through your LinkedIn account or send your resume to Amy Reilly, Director of Legal Recruiting and Development, at email@example.com.
Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP is an equal employment opportunity employer.