Administrative Staff & Paralegals
To apply for a staff or paralegal position at Barack Ferrazzano, please submit your resume in Word format to (unless otherwise stated): email@example.com
Trainer (Chicago, IL)
The Trainer is responsible for overseeing the design, implementation and assessment of the Firm’s training program, and reports to the Director of IT and the Director of Human Resources. This is a non-exempt, full-time position with a 35-hour week normally performed from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM on Monday-Friday. Occasional overtime may be required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning & Analysis
- Collaborate with HR and/or IT on identifying the training and development needs of individuals and the organization.
- Develop a firm training program that includes group classes, lunch and learns, and “lab time.”
- Analyze available training resources and materials for content, suitability and cost.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of firm’s systems, processes and procedures.
Design & Development
- Develop and maintain training materials, multi-media visual aids and other educational materials; amending and revising as necessary.
- Plan and design instructional strategies that meet the needs of the individual and the goals of the organization.
- Monitor and adjust training methods and materials to accommodate diverse learning styles, abilities and experiences.
- Engage learners through multiple delivery techniques as appropriate to the material, the learners and the situation.
- Create and implement assessments that demonstrate learner knowledge acquisition to compare with learning objectives.
- Apply current research and theory to the practice of instructional design.
Administration & Management
- Coordinate the logistics of each training class including scheduling courses and conference rooms, ensuring course materials and needed meals/ refreshments are supplied, communicating and marketing courses to appropriate employees.
- Maintain training records for hourly employees.
- Structure and facilitate ways for learners to assess, develop and apply their own learning.
- Work with learners to identify their needs, strengths, goals and advise or refer them to appropriate program and levels of instructions.
- Administer training surveys after training sessions and use the results to validate and/or modify training strategies.
- Participate in new hire onboarding and training.
- Engage in a variety of professional development activities to continually update and improve on knowledge, skills and attitudes pertaining to instructional design and technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- BA/BS in related field (Adult Education, Communication, Business, etc.) preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in developing and delivering training solutions; law firm experience preferred.
- Understanding of Adult Learning principles.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and an aptitude for technical concepts.
- Effective presentation, facilitation and questioning skills.
- Effective oral, written and visual communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate confidence with and mastery of subject matter.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, including Office 2016.
- Advanced knowledge of in-house software programs, including iManage, Docxtools, Nuance pdf, Best Authority Office 365 and Webview.
- Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning and prioritization.
- Ability to manage changing priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Initiative, positive attitude, team orientation, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to create a physical and interpersonal climate that is conducive to learning.
- Consistent and predictable attendance.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment.
- Public speaking.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk
Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP is an equal employment opportunity employer.