Partner Rob Shapiro Selected as 2019 Law360 Distinguished Legal Writing Award Winner
Barack Ferrazzano is pleased to announce Litigation Group Partner Robert E. Shapiro has been named a 2019 Law360 Distinguished Legal Writing Award winner – by the Burton Awards – for his article entitled “The Morality of Dissent." The Burton Awards are a national non-profit program run in association with the Library of Congress, presented by lead sponsor Law360, and co-sponsored by the American Bar Association. This honor is given to only 30 articles from entries submitted by the nation’s 1,000 largest law firms.
Click on the link to watch the Facebook Live 2019 Burton Awards Winner Announcements: https://www.facebook.com/burtonawards/videos/294098731245076/
The award ceremony will be celebrating its 20th Anniversary at the Library of Congress followed by a gala reception, dinner, and performance by singer, actor, and songwriter Idina Menzel and nationally recognized magician Shin Lim.
To read Rob's award winning article visit: https://www.bfkn.com/themoralityofdissent
About the Burton Awards
The Burton Awards, established in 1999, are funded by the Burton Foundation, a non-profit, academic effort devoted to recognizing and rewarding excellence in the legal profession. The Burton Awards were established to honor the finest accomplishments in law, including writing, reform, public service and interest, regulatory innovation, and lifetime achievements in the profession. The awards are selected by professors from Yale Law School, Harvard Law School, UC Berkeley School of Law, Stanford Law School, and Columbia Law School, among others. Members of the Honorary Board of Directors are:
- Michael F. Bennet, U.S. Senator from Colorado
- William C. Burton, Founder & Chairman
- Robert P. Casey, Jr., U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania
- H. Rodgin Cohen, Senior Chairman, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- John Cornyn, U.S. Senator from Texas
- Carol Corrigan, Supreme Court Justice of California
- Mike Crapo, U.S. Senator from Idaho
- Linda Klein, Immediate Past President, American Bar Association
- Elissa Lichtenstein, Director, Public Services Division, American Bar Association
- Yabo Lin, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Stephen R. Mysliwiec, Partner, DLA Piper LLP (US)
- Les Parrette, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Compliance Officer, Novelis Inc.
- Richard Posner, Chief Judge (retired), 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- Lisa Rickard, President, U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform
- James M. Rishwain, Jr., Chairman Emeritus, Pillsbury Winthrop LLP
- Jane Sullivan Roberts, Partner, MLegal Group
- Thomas L. Sager, Partner, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Leslie T. Thornton, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, WGL Holdings, Inc. & Washington Gas
- Betty Whelchel, Head of Public Policy & Regulatory Affairs, BNP Paribis SA
To learn more about the Burton Awards visit: https://www.burtonawards.com/about/
Law360, a LexisNexis company, is a trusted provider of breaking legal news and in-depth analysis, with up-to-the-minute, comprehensive coverage of litigation, regulation and enforcement, legislation, administrative proceedings, executive actions, corporate deals, legal industry trends, and more. With a unique blend of cutting-edge technology and journalistic expertise, Law360 delivers the intelligence legal and business professionals at top law firms, Fortune 1000 companies, key government agencies, and many other organizations need to remain experts, mitigate risk, and beat the competition.