Blockchain, Crypto Assets and Their Markets: A Challenge or Opportunity for Banks?
Thursday, July 22, 2021
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (central)
Join Barack Ferrazzano Financial Institutions Group partner and nationally recognized cryptocurrency practitioner Justin Steffen during the American Bankers Association's webinar to address opportunities, risks, and compliance concerns for banks looking to offer or engage with cryptocurrencies.
The ABA-sponsored webinar will cover the current federal, state, and international regulatory environment, the key elements to understanding new risks and implementing controls, and address how banks might seize potential opportunities in the market for crypto assets. The event is open to all ABA members.
- Introduce the concept of distributed ledgers and the blockchains
- Breakdown different types of digital assets
- Discuss the market segments and players and how they relate to traditional banking
- Obtain an overview of the current international, federal and state regulatory environments
- Explain the key elements in understanding the new risks and internal program and control requirements
- Discuss the future of digital assets within traditional banking: a threat or opportunity?
- Discuss considerations relating to internal audit and financial reporting
To register and learn more, visit: https://www.aba.com/training-events/online-training/blockchain-crypto-assets-and-their-markets-a-challenge-or-opportunity-for-banks