Justin Steffen - Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Experience (More)
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Counsel cryptocurrency companies on compliance with state money transmitter laws, FinCEN MSB requirements, lending laws, capital raising laws, securities and commodities registration requirements, and with anti-money laundering and sanctions laws and regulations.
- Represented ransomware victim support services client in connection with IRS, FinCEN, and OFAC matters stemming from ransomware payments.
- Advised Fortune 500 FinTech company about the litigation, tax, and technical risks associated with offering customers a hosted cryptocurrency wallet.
- Counseled self-directed IRA company about legal risks associated with crypto investments.
- Advised cryptocurrency client with Reg D offering, corporate formation issues, and with employment, equity plan, and general contracting matters.
- Represented partner of a large cryptocurrency investment fund in connection with structuring business combination.
- Advised cryptocurrency marketing firm in connection with consulting agreements, corporate formation, trademark, and joint venture matters.
- Drafted insider trading, risk management, and other policies for cryptocurrency wallet provider.
- Advised crypto-backed lender on international regulatory matters and with respect to money transmission laws.
- Performed diligence on token investments for large foreign investment firm.
- Evaluated eight-figure investments into token projects for large private equity fund.
- Prepared form SAFT and token warrant template agreements for multiple investment firm clients.
- Devised token-based rewards programs for crypto client.
- Advised crypto-focused treasury management platform on issues related to BSA compliance, fund formation, securities concerns, and other related compliance issues.
- Counseled blockchain developer about fund raising, potential sale, and regulatory, licensing, and commercial contracting matters.
- Advised clients about the legal risks of ICO sponsorship and investment in blockchain technologies.
- Counseled emerging blockchain and virtual currency companies about corporate structure, securities concerns, and criminal and litigation risks.
- Advised online platform and other media clients about the risks associated with advertising of cryptocurrency products.
- Revised client’s agreements for the provision of services pertaining to virtual currency services to mitigate legal risk.
- Advise actors and professional athletes about NFT-related partnerships and projects.
- Advised large proprietary trading client about venture investments in digital asset companies.
- Negotiated consulting agreements for smart contract developer.