As an associate in the Firm’s Corporate & Securities and Fashion, Luxury & Retail Groups, Jim’s practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments, and general corporate counseling and securities laws matters.
Before joining the firm, Jim advised private equity sponsors and public and private companies on a variety of corporate and capital market transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public securities offerings, special purpose acquisition company formations (SPACs) and general corporate governance and securities law matters at Kirkland & Ellis LLP.
Representation of Pendulum, a strategic growth investing and advisory platform designed for founders and leaders of color, in a deal that raised $35 million in Series B funding for Saltbox, Inc., the flexible co-warehousing and small business logistics pioneer.
Activities & Honors
- PILI Fellow, Loyola University Community Law Center, Philip H. Corboy Law Center, Loyola University Chicago's School of Law (2019)
- Managing Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- James Scholar, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- December 2, 2022 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- June 30, 2022 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- May 5, 2021 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release