Shelby is a partner in the Firm’s Real Estate Group. She represents private and institutional investors, owners, and developers in a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, with an emphasis on acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, development and land use matters, and REIT-related transactions. She has significant experience structuring, negotiating and documenting sophisticated and complex real estate transactions, such as mixed-use and multi-phased development projects, build-to-suit leases, portfolio transactions, land and lease swaps, and CCRs, REAs and complicated easement agreements. Shelby’s practice spans a variety of real estate asset types, including industrial properties, office properties, shopping centers and other retail properties, senior housing facilities, and mixed-use projects.
Prior to joining Barack Ferrazzano, Shelby was a real estate associate at Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP, a prominent California-based real estate law firm.
Activities & Honors
- Selected, Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2017, 2019-2020)
- The Exoneration Project, Legal clinic providing legal representation for wrongfully convicted clients, The University of Chicago Law School (2008-2010)
- Research Assistant, Dean Michael Schill, The University of Chicago Law School (2010)
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Geraldine Soat Brown, U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois (2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- January 21, 2021
- January 5, 2021 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- January 29, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- January 24, 2019
- October 9, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release