Joint venture work comprises one of our core real estate practice areas. We have significant experience representing both institutional investors and sponsors in a wide range of project types. Our services span the life cycle of a joint venture, and are heavily focused on the formation of the company, fund, partnership or other applicable investment vehicle. Much of our joint venture work relates to projects involving ground-up development. We also have substantial experience in the establishment of programmatic joint venture platforms. Our JV work also includes the establishment of co-investment programs on behalf of publicly traded REITs and their operating partnerships.
- Representation of an institutional investor in establishing a master pursuit joint venture to develop mixed-use properties in metro Boston.
- “REIT sale” transactions involving the sale of all beneficial ownership interests in private REITs.
- Representation of development sponsors and of institutional investors in connection with creation of programmatic “GP capital” ventures.
- Representation of real estate fund sponsor in connection with formation of open-ended debt fund.
- Representation of an institutional sponsor in the creation of a “rotation policy” with respect to offerings to preferred investors.
- Formation of joint venture and acquisition of an approximately 363,000 square foot townhome community including 365 residential units in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Recapitalization of a multi-city Class A apartment portfolio by EU-based public pension entities.
- Formation of joint venture and recapitalization of a portfolio of 6 senior living communities located in Florida.
- Formation of joint venture for development of senior living communities in Colorado and Florida.
- Representation of an institutional investor in the formation of a joint venture for the acquisition and development of an approximately 300,000 square foot industrial project in the greater Phoenix area.
- Representation of an institutional investor in the formation of a joint venture for the acquisition and development of an approximately 460,000 square foot industrial project in Colorado.
- Representation of an institutional investor in the formation of a joint venture for the acquisition and development of a warehouse facility in Las Vegas.
- Representation of investor in connection with the formation of joint ventures for the acquisition of numerous hotel properties throughout the United States.
- Formation of joint venture and acquisition of an approximately 517,000 square foot shopping center in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- Representation of real estate investment fund in connection with negotiating joint venture with state pension fund to finance development of large life sciences project in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Representation of a pension fund in creating a joint venture for the development and renovation of a large apartment complex in Miami, Florida.
- Formation of joint venture and acquisition of an approximately 700,000 square foot office/flex industrial portfolio consisting of 9 buildings located in Denver, Colorado.