Technological innovation in the financial sector has created a dynamic range of new services for customers and offer significant opportunities for traditional financial institutions. Our strong technology and corporate practices, combined with our deep financial institutions experience, makes us particularly suited to informing clients on important legal issues that may arise. State and federal regulators are seeking to expand their ever-advancing regulatory agenda to cover the unique aspects of FinTech firms. Accordingly, we advise our clients on the full spectrum of legal, regulatory and corporate issues arising from the manner in which they deliver or affiliate with others that provide e-lending and specialty finance services, deal with virtual currencies, implement or operate payment systems or incorporate data analytic software and other back-office IT systems into their financial operations.
We represent FinTech companies developing online lending and payment systems. We also represent banks that are attempting to integrate these services into their operations as well as those developing new technologies with FinTech companies. Our FinTech Team is comprised of attorneys across various disciplines, including regulatory, transactional, corporate, employment and litigation, who provide management and boards of directors of our clients with comprehensive advice on how to address these issues. We also speak on these issues nationwide.
Some of those engagements include the following:
- Forming and licensing on-line and e-lenders
- Developing new products and services for banks
- Negotiating third party agreements to address data integrity issues and intellectual property concerns
- Advising boards and senior management about regulatory expectations
- Giving board presentations regarding recently enhanced governance, disclosure and fiduciary duty expectations
- Interfacing with regulatory and law enforcement officials
Please contact one of our team members if you would like additional information about our solutions for the financial services industry or our experience in this area.
- January 5, 2018 – Quoted, BankDirector.com
- 9/28/2017 – Press Release
- 4/17/2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 11/16/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 9/26/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 6/9/2017 – Bank Director
- 5/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert