Julie's practice encompasses a broad range of commercial real estate matters, including development, joint ventures, financings, property sales and acquisitions, leasing and land use issues. She has substantial experience in real estate development, including build-to-suit transactions and construction-related contracts. Julie also has worked extensively in the area of real estate financing representing both lenders and borrowers in connection with commercial loan transactions, including secured financings, work-outs, restructurings and deed-in-lieu foreclosure transactions. She also has significant experience in negotiating and documenting commercial office, industrial and retail leases.
- Primary counsel to publicly traded REIT in connection with acquisition, development and build-to-suit lease of industrial properties in locations across the US
- Primary counsel to real estate developer and contractor in connection with design/build agreements, joint venture arrangements and construction and permanent loan financing
- Represented foreign owner in negotiation and preparation of design agreement with world-renowned architect for design of a museum in Paris, France
- Represented agent lender in connection with syndicated loan facility to publicly traded company and subsidiaries
- Represented borrower in connection with equity investment and construction loan for office properties
- Represented lender in negotiation and preparation of pre-workout agreement and restructuring relating to multi-million dollar loans to multiple-site owner
- Represented developer in preparation of template design and construction documents for multi-state design/build and construction projects
- Primary counsel to design/build developer and contractor in connection with negotiation and preparation of design/build and construction documents
Representation of Ecole 42 USA, a non-profit public benefit corporation, and its affiliate in connection with the acquisition of property in Fremont, CA, for use as a tuition-free school for computer programming and coding; and the redevelopment of the property, including negotiation of architect and construction contracts.
Professional Activities & Honors
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Advisory Board, EDSTAR, Inc.
- Executive Editor, Northwestern University Law Review (1985-1986)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- 12/18/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- 7/27/2017 – Above the Law