Chris concentrates her practice area in commercial real estate, corporate finance, real estate financing and related matters. Her practice covers a range of complex commercial real estate and secured lending transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, commercial loan transactions, including multi-jurisdictional secured financings, portfolio financings, work-outs and restructurings, and leasing of hotel, office, industrial, retail and mixed-use properties. Chris’s practice includes significant experience with publicly traded real estate investment trusts (REITs).
Prior to joining Barack Ferrazzano, Chris practiced in the real estate group of Davis Polk & Wardell in New York.
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in connection with secured lending transactions.
- Representation of borrowers in connection with hotel acquisition financings.
- Representation of industrial REIT in connection with the acquisition, disposition, financing and leasing of industrial property.
- Represented real estate funds in connection with securitized loan transactions.
- Representation of a health care REIT in connection with the acquisition of assisted living facilities and medical office buildings.
- Representation of tenants in retail leasing transaction.
- Representation of landlords in industrial leasing transaction.
- Representation of lenders of borrowers and lenders in mortgage loan workouts
- Representation of corporate sellers of real property in purchase money, seller
- Representation of borrowers in Shari’ah-compliant loans.
Represented Dieterich Bank of Effingham, Illinois, in connection with its acquisition of five Illinois branches of First Bank, St. Louis, Missouri.
Represented First American Bank in connection with its acquisition of Miami-based Continental National Bank, the first Cuban-American owned bank in the U.S.
- February 26, 2020 – Dieterich Bank Press Release, Herald Tribune
- May 15, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- September 1, 2016 – Law360