Sandy is a partner in the Firm's Corporate & Securities Group, and concentrates his practice on general corporate, securities and international law matters. Sandy’s general business practice has given him broad-based experience in a number of areas including domestic and international general corporate and new venture counseling, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, public offerings and private placements, joint ventures and contract negotiations. He has extensive experience working with domestic and foreign high technology businesses, as well as negotiating, structuring and documenting unique and complex mergers, acquisitions, financings, distribution arrangements, recapitalizations and resolutions of business disputes. He also has represented clients in a number of matters before the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission. He regularly works with a diverse group of businesses including domestic, Pacific Rim and European entities involved in advanced technologies, industrial and consumer products, nuclear and conventional power infrastructure, manufacturing and financial services.
Sandy spent September 1990 through September 1991 in Tokyo, Japan, where he worked with Mori Hamada & Matsumoto (formerly Mori Sogo Law Offices) representing Japanese, European and American clients on a wide variety of international matters.
In addition to his general corporate work, Sandy works with a number of not-for-profit entities on a pro bono basis. Sandy has also co-authored several publications for the Practicing Law Institute on various aspects of federal securities laws.
Represented Ellison Technologies in its acquisition of J&H Machine Tools.
Represented Hitachi in the formation of a multi-billion dollar global alliance with General Electric Company of their nuclear power plant businesses.
Representation of Neapco in its acquisition of a division of Automotive Components Holdings, an affiliate of Ford Motor Company, and its entry into a long term supply agreement with Ford.
Professional Activities & Honors
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- Selected, Leading Lawyers Network (2006-2016)
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated 5.0 out of 5
Charitable & Community Organizations
- Member, Board of Directors, Chicago Tech Academy
Other Events & Speaking Engagements
- Sandy has spoken at numerous seminars and conferences on various corporate and other mergers and acquisitions related issues
Articles & Publications
- October 6, 2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- February 6, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- December 18, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- October 16, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- September 29, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- September 25, 2017 – Press Release
- July 27, 2017 – Above the Law
- January 28, 2015
- April 2011
- July 2010
- February 2009
University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1983
University of Chicago Booth School of Business, M.B.A., 1983
Duke University, B.S., magna cum laude, 1979
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- Ellison Technologies
- LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton
- Mediware Information Systems
- The Horton Group
- Wanxiang America Corporation