Megan is an associate in the Firm’s Tax & Business Planning Group. Her practice focuses on a wide range of federal tax issues, including a concentration on advising REITs and publicly traded corporations.
Prior to joining Barack Ferrazzano, Megan regularly performed state tax due diligence reviews for prospective mergers and acquisitions, primarily on behalf of private equity clients. In addition, she identified potential tax risks associated with clients’ proposed transactions and post-acquisition action plans.
Represented Bankmanagers Corp. and its wholly owned subsidiary, Park Bank, in connection with its acquisition by First Midwest Bancorp, Inc. (“First Midwest”) (Nasdaq: FMBI).
Represented Level One Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: LEVL) in connection with its acquisition Ann Arbor Bancorp, Inc. ("Ann Arbor") and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Ann Arbor State Bank.
Representation of LVMH Luxury Ventures, an investment arm of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, aimed at taking minority stakes in emerging, iconic brands, in its equity investment in Gabriela Hearst LLC. Launched by its founder and namesake, Gabriela Hearst, the company is a New-York based luxury ready-to-wear, leather goods, and lifestyle company.
Activities & Honors
- Recipient, CALI Award for Legal Writing
- Student Articles Editor, Loyola Law Journal
Articles & Publications
- 2014 – Loyola Consumer Law Review, Volume 26, Issue 3, Article 6
- January 13, 2020 – Yahoo Finance
- January 2, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- August 28, 2019 – Globe Newswire Press Release
- January 14, 2019
- June 22, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release