Shelby is an associate in the Firm’s Real Estate Group. Her practice focuses on a wide range of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, mortgage financing and land use and development matters.
Prior to joining Barack Ferrazzano, Shelby was a real estate associate at Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP, a prominent California real estate law firm, where she assisted clients in a variety of complex commercial real estate transactions, including land and lease swaps, mixed-use development projects and automobile dealership acquisitions.
Professional & Community Activities
- Selected, Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2017, 2019)
- The Exoneration Project, Legal clinic providing legal representation for wrongfully convicted clients, The University of Chicago Law School (2008-2010)
- Research Assistant, Dean Michael Schill, The University of Chicago Law School (2010)
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Geraldine Soat Brown, U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois (2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- January 24, 2019
- October 9, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release