An associate in the Corporate & Securities and Motor Vehicle Groups, Max advises motor vehicle manufacturers on the management of their distribution networks and assists with the drafting of distribution arrangements, licenses, and agreements relating to motor vehicle manufacturer-dealership relationships, including the purchasing and selling of dealerships, policy drafting, dealer terminations, and repurchase obligations. He also assists manufacturers with the drafting of various contracts ranging from financial transactions and joint ventures to data privacy arrangements.
Max’s practice also includes complex corporate and commercial matters such as mergers and acquisitions, general corporate matters, and franchise transactions. He has experience with the drafting of franchise disclosure documents, private and public acquisitions, emerging companies, and private investments.
Served as primary counsel to Invesque Inc. (TSX: IVQ.U) ("Invesque"), a healthcare real estate company serving the U.S. and Canada, in its acquisition of a number of senior living properties and Commonwealth Senior Living, LLC ("Commonwealth"), a transaction that will position Invesque as a leading healthcare platform and open the door for future growth.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Forum on Franchising
- Member, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Member, Will County Bar Association
- Criminology Editor, Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Research Assistant, Searle Center on Law, Regulation, and Economic Growth, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- September 18-20, 2019 – Sponsor (Sacramento, CA)
Articles & Publications
- August 1, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- September 25, 2017 – Press Release
- August 14, 2017
Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
Carnegie Mellon University, B.S., Scholars and Humanities Scholars Program, 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- State of Wisconsin