Megan supports clients in resolving the critical problems facing their businesses and collaborates with clients to craft and execute individualized strategies to fit their needs. She advises clients in technical regulatory matters and represents them in complex business litigation matters involving statutory, privacy, finance, communications, healthcare, employment, environmental, and administrative law issues. Megan routinely hones her litigation skills to respond to every aspect of a case should it lead to a trial.
In addition to pursuing her client’s objectives before federal and state trial courts, appellate courts, administrative tribunals, and state and federal agencies, Megan conducts internal investigations into topics ranging from suspected fraud and criminal conduct to government inquiries into corporate practices. She advises corporate boards throughout the investigation process and counsels them on compliance and in connection with disclosures of potential violations of criminal and civil law.
Megan also provides analysis and insight when clients address emerging and evolving issues facing their businesses. Recently, she assisted in tackling client business concerns that include:
- Evaluating a client’s new proprietary technology for compliance with biometric privacy laws;
- Assisting to structure an intra-company data sharing program in accordance with state law privacy and confidentiality requirements; and
- Working to reduce risks associated with eliminating a client’s line of business in view of its existing warranties and related obligations to customers.
While attending law school, Megan was part of the Federal Criminal Justice Clinic, where she advocated for indigent clients charged with federal crimes in the Northern District of Illinois. Additionally, during the summer of 2012 Megan served as a legal intern for the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health, in New Delhi, India.
Outside the Courtroom
Megan spends her free time working with One Hope United, a Chicago-based nonprofit that supports families and increases opportunities for thousands of children throughout the Chicago area. She also enjoys planning her international travels and hosting game nights for her friends as an excuse for them to try out whatever new recipes she is working on, most of which are palatable.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Ambassador Board, One Hope United
- Recipient, Joseph E. Green Scholarship (2011-2014)
- Director, Law Women's Caucus, The University of Chicago Law School (2012-2013)
- Vice Chair, Public Interest Law Society, The University of Chicago Law School (2012-2013)
- Sweetland Center for Writing, University of Michigan (2010)
- Writing Tutor
- Course Assistant
Articles & Publications
- October 28, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- February 25, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- December 11, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- April 17, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- August 11, 2017
The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., with honors, 2014
University of Michigan, B.A., with highest distinction, 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- State of Illinois
- State of Virginia
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois