Andrew's practice focuses on varied issues in executive compensation and employee benefits, including non-qualified deferred compensation plans, tax-qualified retirement plans, equity incentive plans and executive employment agreements. He joined Barack Ferrazzano as an associate in the Litigation Group, and draws on a breadth of experience as a former litigator and federal law clerk when counseling our clients. Among other engagements, Andrew was part of the Firm’s team that won a full defense verdict in an employment retaliation arbitration seeking over $2 million in damages, and prior to joining the Firm he represented plaintiffs and labor unions in wage and hour, ADA, ERISA and labor law matters.
- First Defiance Financial Corp. (Nasdaq: FDEF) and United Community Financial Corp. (Nasdaq: UCFC) Merger
Represented First Defiance Financial Corp. (“First Defiance”) (Nasdaq: FDEF) in connection with its definitive merger agreement in which United Community Financial Corp. (“United Community”) (Nasdaq: UCFC), will merge into First Defiance in a stock-for-stock transaction.
Represented Bankmanagers Corp. and its wholly owned subsidiary, Park Bank, in connection with its acquisition by First Midwest Bancorp, Inc. (“First Midwest”) (Nasdaq: FMBI).
Served as primary counsel to Invesque Inc. (TSX: IVQ.U) ("Invesque"), a healthcare real estate company serving the U.S. and Canada, in its acquisition of a number of senior living properties and Commonwealth Senior Living, LLC ("Commonwealth"), a transaction that will position Invesque as a leading healthcare platform and open the door for future growth.
Represented Level One Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: LEVL) in connection with its acquisition Ann Arbor Bancorp, Inc. ("Ann Arbor") and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Ann Arbor State Bank.
Represented Gateway Banc Corp. in connection with its definitive merger agreement with McLaughlin Holding Company.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Lesbian & Gay Bar Association of Chicago
- Law Clerk, Hon. Sheila Finnegan (N.D. Ill.)
- Law Clerk, Hon. Valerie P. Cooke (D. Nev.)
- Editor, California Law Review
- Co-Editor in Chief, Berkeley Journal of Employment and Labor Law
Articles & Publications
- September 24, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- April 24, 2019
- April 3, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- March 14, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- September 9, 2019 – First Defiance Financial Corp. Press Release
- August 28, 2019 – Globe Newswire Press Release
- August 13, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- August 1, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- January 15, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- December 7, 2018 – SENB Bank Press Release
University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D., 2014
University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., with distinction, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois