Andrew's practice focuses on varied issues in executive compensation and employee benefits, including non-qualified deferred compensation plans, tax-qualified retirement plans, equity incentive plans and executive employment agreements. He joined Barack Ferrazzano as an associate in the Litigation Group, and draws on a breadth of experience as a former litigator and federal law clerk when counseling our clients. Among other engagements, Andrew was part of the Firm’s team that won a full defense verdict in an employment retaliation arbitration seeking over $2 million in damages, and prior to joining the Firm he represented plaintiffs and labor unions in wage and hour, ADA, ERISA and labor law matters.
Represented Level One Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: LEVL) in connection with its acquisition Ann Arbor Bancorp, Inc. ("Ann Arbor") and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Ann Arbor State Bank.
Represented Gateway Banc Corp. in connection with its definitive merger agreement with McLaughlin Holding Company.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Lesbian & Gay Bar Association of Chicago
- Law Clerk, Hon. Sheila Finnegan (N.D. Ill.)
- Law Clerk, Hon. Valerie P. Cooke (D. Nev.)
- Editor, California Law Review
- Co-Editor in Chief, Berkeley Journal of Employment and Labor Law
Articles & Publications
- April 24, 2019
- April 3, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- March 14, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- August 13, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- January 15, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- December 7, 2018 – SENB Bank Press Release
University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D., 2014
University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., with distinction, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois