Sharon Calhoun is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups.
Sharon’s litigation practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation for a variety of domestic and international clients in disputes involving general contract matters, class action defense, banking and enforcement issues, employment disputes, and consumer fraud, among others.
Sharon combines her skill and experience as a trial attorney with her knowledge of intellectual property law to actively assist clients in identifying, protecting, valuing, and preserving their intellectual property assets in the United States. In addition to her experience with intellectual property litigation, Sharon also has experience in handling the intellectual property aspects of corporate transactions.
Sharon also has an active pro bono practice and has served as a guardian ad litem for children involved in domestic disputes related to guardianship and parental rights. Sharon also successfully represented a minor in Cook County criminal court.
Sharon is the chair of the Firm’s Diversity Committee as well as an active member of the Pro Bono Committee. In 2012, she returned from a 6-month leave of absence from her practice at Barack Ferrazzano after performing pro bono legal work in South Africa. Sharon was profiled in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin regarding her international pro bono work, and she was a guest blogger about her South African pro bono experience for the American Bar Association's Center for Pro Bono.
Professional Activities & Honors
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Black Women’s Lawyer Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Selected, Emerging Lawyers Network (2015-2016)
- Selected, Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2010-2018)
Articles & Publications
- 3/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 10/6/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 5/13/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 4/11/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 1/25/2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- 7/27/2017 – Above the Law
- 9/14/2016 – Law360
- 1/14/2015 – Super Lawyers
- 12/2014 – Lawyer Monthly
- 1/5/2012 – Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- 1/2010 – Law & Politics Magazine
New York University School of Law, J.D., May 2007
University of Virginia, B.S., 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 7th Circuit
- Automobili Lamborghini America
- First Industrial Realty Trust
- LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton
- Volkswagen Group of America