Megan’s practice primarily focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital, and contractual matters and negotiations, with an emphasis on:
- Growth and venture investments
- Formation and business planning for early stage companies
- Strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures
- General corporate counseling, including negotiation of commercial contracts and licensing agreements and general corporate governance matters
Megan counsels both domestic and international clients in a wide range of industries including real estate, luxury and retail, manufacturing, and technology.
Prior to joining Barack Ferrazzano, Megan was a corporate associate at a large international law firm headquartered in Chicago where she represented publicly traded companies and private equity firms in connection with various financings, securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and investments.
Representation of Assembled Brands – the company that finances emerging consumer goods brands – in a deal that secured $100 million in permanent capital from funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. Assembled Brands will use the funds to finance the next generation of consumer goods brands and to continue the development of its proprietary underwriting technology.
Representation of Getaway – a wellness hospitality company – in a deal that secured $22.5 million in Series B financing. The round was led by a controlled affiliate of Starwood Capital Group, with continued support from L Catterton and other existing shareholders. The Series B follows a $15 million Series A round led by L Catterton, one of the world's largest consumer investment funds, in early 2017. Getaway will use the funds to finance expansion and its mission of providing overworked and over-connected people restorative mindful escapes to tiny nature-surrounded cabins within two hours of major cities (Announced: June 10, 2019).
Representation of Kendo Holdings, Inc., a cosmetics and beauty incubator company owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton and affiliated with Sephora, in strategic transactions related to the formation and launch of the brand Fenty Beauty by Rihanna.
Representation of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in strategic corporate and intellectual property transactions related to the formation and launch of Fenty by Rihanna, a new luxury fashion maison of ready-to-wear clothing, shoes, and accessories. The historic collaboration will make Rihanna the first woman to create an original LVMH brand, and Fenty the first LVMH-established fashion house in more than 30 years (Announced: May 2019).
Activities & Honors
- Winner, Williston Competition in Contract Negotiation
- Member, Harvard Law School Association for Law and Business
- Law Clerk, City of Chicago Department of Law - Real Estate Division (2011)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- November 14, 2018 – Co-Sponsor (New York, NY)
Articles & Publications
- March 31, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- June 7, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- March 18, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- January 15, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- June 10, 2019 – Yahoo Finance Press Release
- May 14, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- October 25, 2018 – Business Wire Publication
- July 25, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- September 1, 2017
- August 2, 2017
- July 27, 2017 – Above the Law
- January 5, 2016
- January 28, 2015
Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2013
New York University, B.A., Politics, magna cum laude with honors, 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois