Sarah leads the transactional practice of the Firm’s Motor Vehicle Group. She helps motor vehicle manufacturers manage the distribution network for their products by assisting them with the appointment of new dealers, drafting and implementing new dealer agreements and operating standards, navigating the sale of a dealership and the manufacturer’s right of first refusal and terminating a dealership and documenting the manufacturer’s repurchase obligations. She also advises clients in establishing key policies and programs impacting product distribution such as brand standards and incentive programs.
Sarah’s practice also encompasses the areas of business planning, general corporate matters and secured lending. She has extensive experience in structuring and documenting complex business arrangements for her clients, such as parts, extended warranty and service contract distribution arrangements, product licenses and agreements relating to the motor vehicle manufacturer-dealership relationship. She also represents lenders in connection with secured transactions, with a focus on credit facilities secured by partnership and other investment interests and experience in motor vehicle consumer financing.
Sarah is an active member of numerous Firm committees and is former co-chair of the Firm’s Pro Bono Committee.
Represented national company in the sale of its steel drum reconditioning business.
Represented hedge fund in the purchase of subordinated debt from a portfolio company.
Represented numerous ethanol production companies in going private SEC deregistration transactions, including through reverse stock splits and reclassifications.
Represented related hedge funds in numerous PIPE investments in and convertible debt financings of companies in a range of industries.
Professional Activities & Honors
- Selected, Franchise Law, Best Lawyers in America® (2016-2018)
- Recognized, Women Leaders in Pro Bono Legal Services, The Law Project (2014)
Charitable & Community Organizations
- Vice President, Board of Directors, Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI)
- Vice President, Board of Directors, North Lawndale Employment Network
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- May 15, 2018 – Speaker (London, UK)
- September 14, 2016 – Speaker
- November 29, 2012
- 2012 American Bankers Association, "The New Deregistration Thresholds under the JOBS Act: What Community Bankers Should Know."
Articles & Publications
- March 2, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- January 4, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Client Alert: Federal Banking Regulators Expand Banks Eligible for Extended 18-Month Examination CycleDecember 20, 2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- June 2012 – Illinois Banker
- April 12, 2012
- January 9, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- November 30, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- November 1, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- September 25, 2017 – Press Release
- August 15, 2017
- August 14, 2017
- July 27, 2017 – Above the Law
- July 21, 2017
- June 22, 2017
- June 15, 2017
- January 26, 2017
- December 6, 2016
- August 15, 2016
- July 2016
- November 4, 2015
- November 2, 2015
- August 18, 2015
- April 2, 2015
- March 26, 2014
- July 29, 2012
- May 2012
- August 2010 – Chicago Lawyer