Emily focuses her practice on capital raising transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and corporate governance. She has a wide array of experience in structuring corporate and financial transactions, most notably representing companies in merger transctions, issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, and financial institutions in lending transactions.
Prior to joining the Firm, Emily practiced in the corporate and securities area of a large Chicago law firm.
Represented First American Bank in connection with its acquisition of Miami-based Continental National Bank, the first Cuban-American owned bank in the U.S.
Represented Northern States Financial Corporation (OTCPINK: NSFC), in entering into a definitive agreement in which Northern States merged with First Midwest Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: FMBI).
Represented Heartland Financial USA, Inc. in the sale of its consumer finance subsidiaries Citizens Finance Co. and Citizens Finance of Illinois Co., and the completed sale of their existing loan portfolios to American Credit Acceptance, LLC.
Served as counsel for Level One Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: LEVL) in connection with its initial public offering.
Represented Midland States Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: MSBI) in connection with its definitive agreement to acquire 100% of HomeStar common stock, and its wholly owned subsidiary HomeStar Bank and Financial Services, in exchange for 405,000 shares of Midland common stock and a commitment to provide approximately $23.5 million in debt financing to enable HomeStar to retire outstanding trust preferred securities.
Representation of Midland States Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: MSBI) in connection with its acquisition of Centrue Financial Corporation (Nasdaq: CFCB).
Representation of Midland States Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: MSBI) in its $80.1M initial public offering of common stock.
Represented Andalusia Community Bank, in executing an agreement and plan of merger with Midwest Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Western Illinois Bancshares, Inc.
Acted as legal counsel to STC Bancshares Corp. in connection with its pending acquisition by Wintrust Financial Corporation (Nasdaq: WTFC).
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Investment Management Subcommittee, Chicago Bar Association (2012)
- Member, Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business (2009-2011)
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- May 16, 2019 – Attendee (Oak Brook, IL)
- Presentations to the Investment Management Subcommittee2012 – Speaker (Chicago Bar Association)
Articles & Publications
- June 4, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- April 24, 2019
- April 3, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- March 14, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- February 14, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- May 2, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- March 2, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- January 4, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Client Alert: Federal Banking Regulators Expand Banks Eligible for Extended 18-Month Examination CycleDecember 20, 2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- March 18, 2015 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- June 5, 2019 – Globe Newswire Press Release
- May 15, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- April 2, 2019 – Globe Newswire Press Release
- January 15, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- January 2, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- October 15, 2018 – Globe Newswire Press Release
- May 30, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- May 17, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- January 9, 2018 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- July 21, 2017
- June 12, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- February 14, 2017
- January 26, 2017
- August 2016
- August 1, 2016
- July 2016
- July 7, 2016
- May 31, 2016
- April 15, 2016
- First Community Financial Partners, Inc. and First Mazon Bancorp, Inc. Announce Signing of Definitive AgreementMarch 2016
- December 3, 2015
- November 20, 2015
- Alerus Financial Expands Service Offerings with Acquisition of Alliance Benefit Group North Central States, Inc.October 22, 2015
- June 30, 2015
- April 23, 2015
- January 9, 2015