Andrew is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation and Motor Vehicle Groups.
Andrew concentrates his litigation practice on complex commercial litigation and regulatory matters. Andrew has successfully represented clients in a wide range of matters, including disputes regarding employee restrictive covenants, licensing agreements, telecommunications, government contracting and other complex contractual relationships. He has represented clients in trials, appeals, and regulatory appeals in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Andrew also regularly counsels and represents motor vehicle manufacturers regarding franchise related disputes, including disputes relating to dealer territory, enforcement of facility standards and proficiency programs.
Andrew also has extensive experience in the area municipal and state procurement law and has represented clients in disputes regarding bid protests, debarment proceedings, contract compliance issues and investigations regarding compliance with minority and women-owned business programs. Andrew previously worked for the Chicago Board of Education, where he represented the Board regarding procurement disputes.
- Represented motor vehicle manufacturer in disputes arising out of realignment of dealer territories;
- Represented motor vehicle manufacturer in dispute with dealer regarding dealer’s unauthorized relocation of dealership;
- Represented software licensee in dispute with licensor regarding access to financial treasury software;
- Represented medical device manufacturer in license disputes with licensors who provided technology incorporated into company’s orthopedic implants;
- Represented medical device manufacturer in dispute regarding enforcement of employee restrictive covenants; and
- Represented national van lines in disputes with local agents regarding termination of agency relationship and prevention of trademark infringement.
Professional Activities & Honors
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, Boston College Law Review
Boston College Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1992
University of Cincinnati, B.F.A., 1984
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court - State of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 10th Circuit