Olivia is committed to client-centered advocacy. Combining creativity with excellent legal research and writing, she works to achieve favorable outcomes for her clients at every stage of a case.
As an associate in BFKN’s Litigation Group, Olivia works on a wide range of complex litigation matters, including real estate disputes, shareholder litigation, and motor vehicle franchise disputes.
Prior to joining BFKN, Olivia clerked for the Honorable R. Guy Cole, Jr., on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. During law school, Olivia gained valuable litigation experience working as a law clerk with the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia, where she prepared and drafted a pre-trial motion to suppress and participated in Trial Practice Groups. Olivia also served as an extern for the Federal Public Defender office for the Western District of Washington where she researched and drafted an appellate brief to be filed in the Ninth Circuit.
Olivia is involved in firm life at BFKN. She is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee.
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 6th Circuit
- Hon. R. Guy Cole, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit (2022-2023)
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2022
- Relay Graduate School of Education, M.A., Dean’s Honors, 2016
- Duke University, B.A., Religion, magna cum laude, with distinction, 2014
- Summer Clerk, Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia
- Legal Extern, Federal Public Defender, Western District of Washington
- Editor, Stanford Law Review
- Fellowship Member & Corps Member, Teach for America