Nick is an experienced attorney who focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, and contract negotiations. Nick is responsive, personable, and committed to helping his clients achieve their goals.
With extensive experience representing both buyers and sellers in M&A transactions, Nick has a deep understanding of the complexities involved in negotiating deals that are favorable to his clients. In addition to his work in M&A, Nick has advised clients in both public and private capital raising transactions, including debt and equity offerings. He has also represented underwriters in debt and equity offerings, providing a comprehensive perspective on the entire offering process.
Nick also advises publicly traded clients on their SEC reporting obligations and helps clients with the preparation of SEC filings. Nick also has experience representing corporate clients in connection with the review and negotiation of various types of business contracts, including Fintech agreements. Finally, Nick has experience advising numerous public and private clients on various corporate governance matters and issues.
Before practicing law, Nick held the position of Negotiations Leader with Target Corporation where he negotiated pricing for more than $1 billion of inventory across multiple product categories, earning the Vice President Award for excellence in negotiation and partnership strategy. His business and negotiating skills are a valuable asset to his clients.
- State of Minnesota
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- University of Minnesota, B.A., 2007
- Represented Town and Country Financial Corporation in its sale to HBT Financial, Inc. (HBT/Nasdaq).
- Represented Alerus Financial Corporation (Nasdaq: ALRS) in its acquisition of MPB BHC, Inc. at approx. $85.3 million.
- Represented Vantage Financial in its sale to Peoples Bank.
- Represented USAmeriBancorp, Inc. (OTC Pink: USAB) in its merger with Valley National Bancorp (NYSE: VLY).
- Represented First Trust & Savings Bank of Albany, Illinois in its merger into Morton Community Bank.
- Represented Anchor Bancorp, Inc. in its sale to Old National Bancorp (Nasdaq: ONB).
Capital Raising Transactions
- Represented Bridgewater Bancshares, Inc. (Nasdaq: BWB) in its initial public offering.
- Issuer’s counsel for the $69.1 million initial public offering of Alerus Financial Corporation (ALRS/Nasdaq), a financial holding company headquartered in Grand Forks, North Dakota.
- Represented Bridgewater Bancshares, Inc. (Nasdaq: BWB) in its $50 million Private Placement of Subordinated Notes.
- Represented Bridgewater Bancshares, Inc. (Nasdaq: BWB) in its $30 million Subordinated Notes Offering.
- Served as underwriter counsel in the $34.5 million follow-on equity offering of Mackinac Financial Corporation (Nasdaq: MFNC).
- Represent many financial institutions with respect to public offerings and private placements of common stock, subordinated debentures, and convertible subordinated debentures.
Securities Regulation & Compliance for Publicly-Traded Bank Holding Companies
- Represent multiple publicly-traded bank holding companies in structuring transactions, conducting due diligence, drafting disclosure documents, coordinating the filing of documents with the SEC, preparing applications to national exchanges, and provide counseling to ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state securities laws.