Megan advises investors and companies of all stages in connection with corporate transactions. The breadth of her practice allows her to offer strategic, market-based advice to operating companies looking to scale their businesses while lending her investor clients a pragmatic perspective on transactional risk and deal negotiations.
Megan serves as primary counsel to both domestic and international clients in connection with M&A, joint ventures and venture and growth equity transactions. She regularly advises private equity sponsors and high-net worth clients in connection with a broad range of U.S. investments, with a particular focus on the consumer products and services, real estate and technology industries.
Megan also advises operating companies at all phases of their life cycle—from initial fundraising and commercial partnerships through exit. In this role, she enjoys serving as a day-to-day partner to her clients in connection with corporate governance issues, key commercial relationships, intellectual property matters and employment issues.
Megan is the President of the BFKN Foundation where she leads BFKN’s charitable arm of the firm in connection with its external charitable partnerships while supporting members of the BFKN community in their individual charitable endeavors. Megan was recently elected to the Board of Trustees for La Rabida Children’s Hospital.
- State of Illinois
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- New York University, B.A., Politics, magna cum laude with honors, 2010
- Represents L Catterton – the largest global consumer-focused private equity firm – in growth equity and early-stage investments, including over 20 distinct investments to date.
- Represented Getaway House, Inc. – an outdoor and wellness focused hospitality company – in connection with its Series B, Series C, and Series D financing rounds.
- Represented B2B e-commerce platform in connection with its Series Seed equity financing.
- Represented EIGHT – an elite light lager brand co-founded by Troy Aikman – in connection with its Series Seed financing and governance arrangements.
- Represents Aglaé Ventures – a technology focused investment firm backed by Agache (formerly Groupe Arnault) – in connection with early stage and growth equity tech investments, including over 30 distinct investments to date.
- Represented Web3 fund in connection with U.S. equity and token investments.
- Represented Kendo Holdings, Inc. -- a cosmetics and beauty incubator company owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton and affiliated with Sephora -- in strategic transactions related to the formation and launch of the brands Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, Fenty Hair, and Fenty Fragrance.
- Represented Assembled Brands – a company that finances emerging consumer goods brands – in connection with its strategic relationship with Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
- Represented LVMH and Agache (formerly Groupe Arnault) in connection with the combination of their fund sponsor platforms with Catterton to create L Catterton, the largest global consumer-focused private equity firm.
- Regularly represents sponsors in connection with real estate and hospitality joint ventures.
- Serves as outside general counsel to Getaway House, Inc. – an outdoor and wellness focused hospitality company – in connection with its ongoing debt and equity capital raising efforts, joint ventures, intellectual property matters and other commercial partnerships.
- Regularly counsels Kendo Holdings, Inc. – a cosmetics and beauty incubator company owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton and affiliated with Sephora – in connection with its commercial arrangements.
- Regularly counsels early stage and mid-sized companies in connection with their commercial partnerships, equity and debt financing transactions and corporate governance needs.
- Represents Gerflor – a global flooring manufacturer based in France – in its U.S. acquisitions.
- Represents L Catterton and its portfolio companies in connection with various middle market buyout transactions and add-on acquisitions.
- Represented House of Discs – a leader in the disc golf industry backed by Vendis Capital and Equip Capital – in its acquisition of Dynamic Discs.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2024)
- Winner, Williston Competition in Contract Negotiation (Harvard Law School)