Mark has worked with a broad range of highly sophisticated owners of commercial property for many years in all aspects of commercial real estate. As an M.B.A. and former banker, Mark focuses on providing practical, business-oriented solutions and strategic direction to sophisticated national clients.
Mark concentrates his practice in commercial real estate and related corporate, securities, tax and business planning matters, including investment fund formation and the acquisition of distressed mortgage debt. His practice emphasizes acquisitions and dispositions, commercial development, secured financing, joint ventures, and tax deferred transactions. His practice places particular emphasis on complicated commercial acquisitions, dispositions, build-to-suit transactions, and joint ventures for publicly traded real estate investment trusts and private equity funds.
He also works extensively with the design and structuring of complicated, tax-sensitive commercial transactions for public and start-up companies. Mark's comprehensive experience has been recognized by both his colleagues and his clients alike; Chambers USA 2011 reported that clients cite his "great rapport, technical knowledge and ability to discuss complex legal situations in a commercially appropriate way."
- State of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1994
- J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, M.M., 1994
- Cornell University, A.B., with distinction, 1989
- Serve as real estate counsel for Bluewater Property Group, a private fund focused on real estate development and strategic acquisitions in the Northeast with particular emphasis on complicated build-to-suit transactions.
- Exeter is a fund vehicle located in the Northeast that acquires and disposes of properties throughout the country as well as significant development activities. Mark assists with complicated acquisition, disposition, leasing, and development transactions throughout the country, including REIT mergers and portfolio transactions.
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2016-2024)
- Real Estate Law
- Illinois Real Estate, Chambers USA (2011-2022)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
Mark is exceptional at his job, responsive and provides excellent counsel on complex matters.