Lauren focuses her practice on a wide range of commercial real estate and related transactions. She provides clients with practical, meticulous, and thoughtful guidance, working diligently to achieve client goals and ensure transactions move seamlessly from kick-off through closing.
Lauren represents private and institutional investors, including publicly traded real estate investment trusts (REITs), in single-asset and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, financing and leasing matters for a variety of asset types, including retail shopping centers, industrial properties, offices, multi-family facilities, and mixed-use projects.
Lauren’s practice also includes representing institutional lenders in secured loan transactions. She has experience with conducting real estate due diligence, preparing conveyance and closing documents, and drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, loan documents, and lease agreements.
Prior to joining BFKN, Lauren was a real estate associate in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where she represented clients in commercial real estate transactions and advised clients with respect to real estate aspects of complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, and restructuring matters.
- State of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2018
- Northwestern University, B.A., cum laude, 2013
- Representation of a prominent retail shopping center REIT in a series of sales and acquisitions of first-class shopping centers located throughout the U.S., many as part of 1031 exchanges.
- Representation of a leading private equity real estate investment management company in connection with several single-tenant and portfolio acquisitions, sales, sale-leasebacks, and financings of industrial and logistics properties throughout the U.S.
- Representation of financial institutions and other investors, as lender or borrower, in connection with numerous secured real estate loan transactions throughout the U.S.
- Representation of both landlords and tenants in the negotiation of industrial and office lease and sublease agreements.
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor with respect to acquisitions and sales of multi-family projects via a bifurcated ownership structure, utilizing long term ground leases.
- Extern, Hon. Jeffrey T. Gilbert, Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2016)
- Volunteer, The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, Election Protection Voter Hotline
- Symposium Editor, Journal of Law and Social Policy, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law