Katie is a practical, results-oriented corporate attorney with experience advising clients in a range of transactions. She is reliable, consistent, detail-oriented, and is committed to being as invested in the success of her clients’ transactions as they are themselves.
As an associate in BFKN’s Corporate & Securities Group, Katie represents U.S. and multinational companies across a range of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, general corporate counseling, and other strategic transactions. She provides guidance to her clients on transaction structuring, risks associated with the purchase and sale of their business, and general legal and business risks. Katie has specific experience working with clients in the insurance and consumer products industries.
Prior to joining BFKN, Katie was an associate at Sidley Austin LLP where she advised insurance, financial, and private equity clients across a variety of corporate and securities issues, including strategic counseling, mergers and acquisitions, private and public securities offerings, and general corporate matters.
- State of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2016
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., Global Studies and Spanish, 2013
- Corporate Law, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2024)
- Associate Editor, Northwestern University Journal of Law and Social Policy (2016)
- Legal Extern, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2014)