With more than 15 years of diverse experience, Jeremy takes a pragmatic approach to his real estate practice. In doing so, he adapts his advocacy to his acute understanding of clients’ businesses and needs.
Jeremy advises operators and developers on a broad range of commercial real estate transactions. The breadth of his practice, across a variety of asset classes and disciplines, enables Jeremy to adeptly navigate complex situations in order to efficiently achieve client goals.
Jeremy concentrates his practice on commercial real estate transactions. Among his clients are REITs, private equity funds, public companies, and individual investors. Jeremy’s experience covers a broad range of highly-complex commercial real estate transactions with a particular emphasis on acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, development, and financing of industrial and retail assets. A trusted advisor, Jeremy regularly serves as outside general counsel to many of his clients.
- State of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2005
- Emory University, B.B.A., 2002
- Represented REITs and other real property owners in connection with the acquisition, disposition or leasing of various industrial properties throughout the United States with a particular concentration in New Jersey, New York, California, Georgia, Texas, and Illinois.
- Represented prominent publicly-traded retail shopping center operators in connection with their acquisition of assets in California, Massachusetts, Florida, and Texas, offering solutions to an array of complex contract structuring and diligence issues.
- Represented an international oil company in connection with its disposition of hundreds of service stations through portfolio sales.
- Represented a private real estate operator in connection with its acquisition, financing, and disposition of student housing facilities across the Southeast region.
- Represented luxury retail operator and a prominent national food chain in connection with its leasing of stores/restaurants across the U.S.
- Represented various financial institutions and other investors, as lender, loan purchaser or loan seller, in connection with real estate loan transactions throughout the U.S.
- Represented borrowers in connection with complex acquisition and construction financings from banks, debt-funds, and other lending institutions across an array of asset classes on a single asset and portfolio basis.
- Represented clients in connection with the assumption of existing indebtedness from multiple lenders as part of multi-state portfolio acquisitions.
- Represented various financial institutions with respect to negotiating and documenting forbearance arrangements or the restructuring of troubled real estate loans.
- Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2014-2020)
- Emerging Lawyers Network (2015-2020)
- Top 100 Emerging Real Estate-Related Lawyers (2018-2019)