For more than 25 years, Jay has dedicated his practice to representing local, national, and international clients in commercial real estate transactions. Having represented landlords and developers almost exclusively during his first 10 years of practice and having represented tenants almost exclusively since then, Jay has an in depth understanding of the needs and desires of both parties to a lease transaction, which he is able to leverage to find common ground and creative solutions to resolve issues and achieve his clients’ objectives.
Jay’s practice is national in scope and runs the gamut of commercial properties, including flagship street retail, super-regional and regional shopping centers, mixed-use properties, life-style centers, power centers, office, and warehouse. He focuses on luxury retail leasing and related matters, but he also handles complex office and warehouse leasing for his clients.
- State of Illinois
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1995
- University of Michigan, B.A., with high distinction, 1992
Below is a sample of representative transactions on which Jay has worked:
Lease Form Development
- Development of landlord lease form for Miami Design District Associates, LLC new luxury shopping center development, Design District Center, in Miami, Florida.
- Development of tenant lease form for Sephora USA for use in connection with the leasing of store space in properties across the U.S.
- Givenchy (332 North Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, CA).
- Loewe (327 North Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, CA).
- Sephora (1535 Broadway (Times Square), New York, NY; 605 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL; and Waikiki Shopping Plaza, 2230 Kalākaua Ave.).
Super Regional Shopping Centers
- Celine and Bulgari (South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, CA).
- Fendi (Bellagio Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, NV).
- Sephora (Forum Shops at Caesars, Las Vegas, NV; and World Trade Center, New York, NY).
- Berluti, Dior, Fendi, and Louis Vuitton (Crystals at CityCenter, Las Vegas, NV).
- Zenga (Bal Harbour Shops, Bal Harbour, FL).
Lifestyle & Mixed Use
- Louis Vuitton (Americana at Brand, Glendale, CA).
- Sephora (The Grove, Los Angeles, CA).
- Tiffany & Co. (Americana at Brand, Glendale, CA).
- Representation of Louis Vuitton in connection with the "Kasuama Pop-Up" retail lease at 8600 Melrose, West Hollywood, CA.
Headquarter & Regional Office
- Representation of a Fortune 500 tech company with a worldwide presence in connection with a 72,000 square feet lease for office and cafeteria space at 655 New York Avenue NW, Washington, D.C.
- Representation of Moët Hennessey in connection with regional office leases in Las Vegas, NV; Oak Brook, IL; and Walnut Creek, CA.
- Representation of Motorola Mobility in connection with a lease for their 640,000 square feet headquarter office in Chicago’s Merchandise Mart.
- Representation of Ventas, Inc. in connection with a 59,000 square feet lease for office space at 353 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL.
- Representation of Starboard Cruise Services in connection with a 218,673 square feet lease for office/warehouse space Flagler Station, Miami, FL.
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)